Wednesday, February 29, 2012

snowy day

I did not have the best run yesterday. I was way underdressed. I had just finished shredding it up, so I was super hot (and tired). I changed into my winter gear but thought it felt pretty nice. Therefore I left the house without gloves and a hat. Well what I didn’t take into account was the wind factor. Lesson learned, I was so cold I was in pain. One of these days I will learn how to dress. Good news, shred didn’t feel as bad as the day before. And I actually ran over 4 miles.

Today is a cross-training day but I signed up for a 2.9 mile virtual run. Since we got a foot of snow last night I decided to stay inside. It was a heat run, the fire was going and the temp in the living room was 83 degrees so I think I burned some extra calories. Here are the results-

I watched The Biggest Loser while I ran, was that not the best/saddest episode ever? It is really hard to run and cry at the same time. I seem to be getting better at it.
To not bad, tomorrow will be my third run day in a row. I can’t remember the last time I did this. Can you say PROGRESS! I haven’t done Shred today yet. I am going to try breaking it (with my other workout)s up. I seem to only do good on one (whatever I do first) when I do one after the other.

Kids had a half day today, so while they have been out in the snow I decided to bake some cupcakes. You know me, I am a “When in Rome” girl, so if I bake I don’t usually supplement anything. I am a full calorie girl. For some reason I decided to omit the oil and sub in some homemade applesauce. Then figured why stop there and subbed egg beaters for eggs.  Can I tell you that the cupcakes are delicious? They are a little heavier than normal cupcakes, but are mighty tasty. I used a vanilla cake mix so you can taste the apples a little. 150 calories and 2.5 grams of fat per cupcake (without the frosting). Of course we used chocolate fudge frosting (60 cals and 2 grams of fat). I am a changed girl. Here is what the cake looks like. Even better, the kids LOVED them (if you have met my kids you know that it isn’t saying much because they will eat anything).
This one minus the frosting

Who dressed those kids!


Wish me luck on my run tomorrow-  

3 comments:

  1. Yay congrats on 4 miles! Where do you live that you get so much snow? I'm jealous! I live in Atlanta, and while we got a lot of snow last year, normally, I can go six or seven years without seeing the first little snowflake! Good luck on your run tomorrow!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I live in Mount Shasta California. We moved here about 8 months ago from Arizona. We have only had two storms this year, so there wasn't anything on the ground yesterday. I guess there is normally quite a bit of snow.

      Delete
  2. Good job! keep going. I know I always mix up my work outs-it gets pretty bad when I have memorized the work out and am yelling at the T.V.-definately time to mix it up. At least Chisim got the 10 grand.

    ReplyDelete