Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 18- over 4.5 but under 5


Balance- why is it so hard to find balance? I feel like I am an all or nothing kind of a girl, lacking in the balance department. So during my run on this BEAUTIFUL day I figured I had nothing better (HA! I know, right?) to do so I would go for a nice run. Five minutes in I feel great I think I could do this all day, so I start pushing myself. I bet you can see where this is heading, mile 3 I can hardly breathe and I think to myself “really what was I thinking?” The worst part is I had to go ALL the way home. In the end I ran (jogged) almost five miles. The whole time my calves were screaming but they made it. I will tell you though a great motivator for not walking is having to go by the high school kids while they are at lunch. Got to love centennial, right?
The month of January is to focus on getting out every day, I have even been a little (not much) more thoughtful to what goes into my mouth. In February I am looking for balance. I would like to find a schedule that has true run days, and some walk days. I need to get back to my BBL and other exercises. In theory the LBs will start dropping off (another HA). Mostly I just want to be able to head out for a nice run and not worry about passing out on the side of the road. Half way through January and I am planning February. Anyone who knows me well knows that I am a planner. PROBLEM- my follow-through is about as good as my balancing, hence the reason for this blog.  Well I guess we will see if I improve over the next 347 days…………….

1 comment:

  1. You can do it! It takes courage to even attempt to run/jog/walk past high schoolers!

    ReplyDelete